The Heracross Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Heracross Dojo

Welcome to The Heracross Dojo! Chat about the Brawling Pokemon that you run into on the forums!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Back To The DojoBack To The Dojo  

Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever

Go down 
3 posters

Most powerful mammallian predator ever
Short-faced bear
Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever I_vote_lcap9%Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 9 ]
Ursus Maritimus Tyrannus
Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever I_vote_lcap58%Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever I_vote_rcap
 58% [ 56 ]
Smilodon Fatalis
Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever I_vote_lcap2%Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 2 ]
Smilodon Populator
Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever I_vote_lcap5%Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 5 ]
Cave Bear
Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever I_vote_lcap1%Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever I_vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
Sarkastodon
Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever I_vote_lcap3%Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 3 ]
Megistotherium
Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever I_vote_lcap7%Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 7 ]
Andrewsarchus
Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever I_vote_lcap6%Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 6 ]
Siberian tiger
Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever I_vote_lcap8%Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 8 ]
Southern Elephant Seal
Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever I_vote_lcap0%Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 97

AuthorMessage
TriceratopsH
Koopa
Koopa
TriceratopsH

Post Value : 1

Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever Empty
PostSubject: Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever   Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 4:59 pm

Who do you think is the most powerful mammal ever? No technology or venom allowed! (Only answer if you have an idea on what these animals actually are. If you don't, check them out on wikipedia or something or don't answer it, in the last poll I made, somebody chose "wolverine" when everybody knows wolverines are weak compared to let's say, polar bears.)

I think it's Ursus Maritimus Tyrannus is deadliest because according to Wikipedia, it was the largest species of bear. Bears are extremely powerful and robustly-built animals, and Ursus Maritimus also has incredible size. The short-faced bear is rather slender and is too small to compare with the mighty Ursus Maritimus Tyrannus, both species of Smilodon would probably be, even with their weaponry, overwhelmed by Ursus Maritimus Tyrannus' sheer size and strength. The cave bear, despite its stocky build, was too small. Megistotherium and Andrewsarchus weren't noticeably smaller, but they weren't as well armed and they weren't as agile, either. Believe it or not, polar bears, or bears in general, are incredibly agile for their size. The siberian tiger wasn't especially bulky, and it was also too small and weak for the giant "polar bear". The southern elephant seal, although extremely large, isn't very agile at all. Sarkastodon was slightly smaller than Ursus Maritimus Tyrannus, but that slight difference would be enough for Ursus Maritimus Tyrannus to win the majority of the time.
Back to top Go down
http://tpcinc.webs.com
Koopa
Koopa

Post Value : 0

PostSubject: Re: Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever   Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 5:30 pm

TriceratopsH wrote:
I think it's Ursus Maritimus Tyrannus is deadliest because according to Wikipedia, it was the largest species of bear. Bears are extremely powerful and robustly-built animals, and Ursus Maritimus also has incredible size. The short-faced bear is rather slender and is too small to compare with the mighty Ursus Maritimus Tyrannus, both species of Smilodon would probably be, even with their weaponry, overwhelmed by Ursus Maritimus Tyrannus' sheer size and strength. The cave bear, despite its stocky build, was too small. Megistotherium and Andrewsarchus weren't noticeably smaller, but they weren't as well armed and they weren't as agile, either. Believe it or not, polar bears, or bears in general, are incredibly agile for their size. The siberian tiger wasn't especially bulky, and it was also too small and weak for the giant "polar bear". The southern elephant seal, although extremely large, isn't very agile at all. Sarkastodon was slightly smaller than Ursus Maritimus Tyrannus, but that slight difference would be enough for Ursus Maritimus Tyrannus to win the majority of the time.

You just completely destroyed any chance of voting something else with that long and incredibly detailed statement. xD

Honestly, I'd vote, but I don't really pay any attention to mammalian predators. Sorry about that.
At any rate, skimming through Megistotherium's Wikipedia page, I'm going to have to choose that one, not only because it isn't the giant polar bear, but because it looks plenty tough to take down the other animals. (It's also very big.)

Hey, D8L, you wanted me to be active, this is me being active. Happy? Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://etao.net23.net/
TriceratopsH
Koopa
Koopa
TriceratopsH

PostSubject: Re: Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever   Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 5:41 pm

How did I destroy the chance of any one else voting?
Back to top Go down
Koopa
Koopa

PostSubject: Re: Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever   Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 5:43 pm

You countered every other choice with the same animal, so it's obvious everybody else will vote for that one.
Back to top Go down
TriceratopsH
Koopa
Koopa
TriceratopsH

PostSubject: Re: Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever   Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:12 pm

However, Andrewsarchus and Megistotherium, being mostly scavengers that crunched through bone, had incredibly powerful jaws, and could inflict lethal wounds on Ursus Maritimus Tyrannus with them. Smilodon Populator also had deadly canines, partially making up for lack of size, and the southern elephant seal was also huge and was protected by blubber, letting it put up a rather good fight. Sarkastodon was also a very intimidating animal.

There, I kind of uncountered some of the choices that I think actually had a chance.

By the way, 7, I think an andrewsarchus will beat a megistotherium because their size and build is similar but Andrewsarchus has a cooler name.
Back to top Go down
Koopa
Koopa

PostSubject: Re: Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever   Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:19 pm

TriceratopsH wrote:
However, Andrewsarchus and Megistotherium, being mostly scavengers that crunched through bone, had incredibly powerful jaws, and could inflict lethal wounds on Ursus Maritimus Tyrannus with them. Smilodon Populator also had deadly canines, partially making up for lack of size, and the southern elephant seal was also huge and was protected by blubber, letting it put up a rather good fight. Sarkastodon was also a very intimidating animal.

There, I kind of uncountered some of the choices that I think actually had a chance.

By the way, 7, I think an andrewsarchus will beat a megistotherium because their size and build is similar but Andrewsarchus has a cooler name.

Thank you for the uncounter.
Also, I agree, its name is awesome. But I already voted, so meeh.
Back to top Go down
33r1
Koopa
Koopa
33r1

PostSubject: Re: Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever   Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 1:30 am

I vote before I read things for some reason
Back to top Go down
http://shadow33r1.forumotion.com/index.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever   Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most Powerful Mammalian Predator Ever
Page 1 of 1