The Heracross Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Heracross Dojo

Welcome to The Heracross Dojo! Chat about the Brawling Pokemon that you run into on the forums!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Back To The DojoBack To The Dojo  

About the Post Quality......

Go down 
+2
DarkRulerX
FinneonFTW
6 posters
AuthorMessage
FinneonFTW
Koopa
Koopa
FinneonFTW

Post Value : 0
Location : BEEP BEEP BOOBOOBOOP. Response-why don't you ask me later.

About the Post Quality...... Empty
PostSubject: About the Post Quality......   About the Post Quality...... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 7:36 pm

So I kinda look through the forums a lot, and see that the post quality for the most part is......bad.

I think we should clean up the forum from these kind of topics/posts, and make a rule where a post has to have either a complete thought in it, or (more preferably) a minimum word count of, say, 8ish words. Of course, there can be exceptions for things like the Spam forum or the games forum, but if we're gonna be a successful forum, we need to quit the short, spammy posts.

Also, the rank picture is kinda big. It's kinda hard to tell from one's avatar and one's rank picture. Which is bad.
Back to top Go down
DarkRulerX
Koopa
Koopa
DarkRulerX

Post Value : 3

PostSubject: Re: About the Post Quality......   About the Post Quality...... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 8:00 pm

Agreed but i think thats a little bit to high.
Back to top Go down
GameReview
Koopa
Koopa
GameReview

PostSubject: Re: About the Post Quality......   About the Post Quality...... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:54 pm

I disagree for that one.
Back to top Go down
SurfingLumineon
Lets Player!
Lets Player!
SurfingLumineon

PostSubject: Re: About the Post Quality......   About the Post Quality...... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:29 pm

Uh, I know.I just do not want to delete all of the spammy topics because I am way too lazy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theheracrossdojo.com
FinneonFTW
Koopa
Koopa
FinneonFTW

PostSubject: Re: About the Post Quality......   About the Post Quality...... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 3:32 am

...an admin can't be that lazy. The site kinda have too many forums, anyway, IMO. I think an 8-word minimum should be enough for posts, we do need some serious post improvement if we want this site to be popular.
Back to top Go down
SurfingLumineon
Lets Player!
Lets Player!
SurfingLumineon

PostSubject: Re: About the Post Quality......   About the Post Quality...... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 3:34 am

Yes, I agree, I can't help it when other people spam and make posts like this.

TriceratopsH wrote:
Back to top Go down
33r1
Koopa
Koopa
33r1

PostSubject: Re: About the Post Quality......   About the Post Quality...... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 3:51 am

One thing i've noticed that the same from my site People post stuff like this
SurfingLumineon wrote:
Timmy Turner I love this show, Timmy is cool!
SurfingLumineon wrote:
OK, Anyways I was battling a guy called, SuperSam.

He Had 4 Pokemon Left(Not to mention a Uberuser)

I swept his team with a Tyraintar!
and there are many more (from lots of people just ones I could remeber.)

These are sorta spam.
Back to top Go down
http://shadow33r1.forumotion.com/index.htm
DarkRulerX
Koopa
Koopa
DarkRulerX

PostSubject: Re: About the Post Quality......   About the Post Quality...... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 5:50 am

@33r1 Not in anyway shape or form is that spam....
@FinneonFTW I think a 5 word should go to work much better 8 is a little long.....
Back to top Go down
33r1
Koopa
Koopa
33r1

PostSubject: Re: About the Post Quality......   About the Post Quality...... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 4:04 pm

DarkRulerX wrote:
@33r1 Not in anyway shape or form is that spam....
For it to not be spam D8 would have had to explain Fairly Odd Parents Not just saying it awsome.

and the battle your suppose to put like
I sent out T-Tar
He sends out Garchomp
I use....

Like that now how D8 put it so even Admins spam and we don't notice it.
Spam means useless uneeded or UNHELPFUL post
Back to top Go down
Koopa
Koopa

PostSubject: Re: About the Post Quality......   About the Post Quality...... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 4:17 pm

33r1 wrote:
For it to not be spam D8 would have had to explain Fairly Odd Parents Not just saying it awsome.

33r1 wrote:
and the battle your suppose to put like
I sent out T-Tar
He sends out Garchomp
I use....

Like that now how D8 put it so even Admins spam and we don't notice it.
Spam means useless uneeded or UNHELPFUL post

Just because SurfingLumineon messed up on the syntax doesn't exactly qualify it as spam on the latter example. I fully agree that the former post is the epitome of spam, however, and request that posts created by the administration be professional and understandable.
There are also many, many errors in the wording of the forum itself, which is particularly the blame of a faulty administrator; this reason being one reason why I rarely ever visit.
Back to top Go down
http://etao.net23.net/
DarkRulerX
Koopa
Koopa
DarkRulerX

PostSubject: Re: About the Post Quality......   About the Post Quality...... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 5:57 pm

If you people don't quit saying he is spaming i'm gonna put you to in group of shame.
Back to top Go down
Koopa
Koopa

PostSubject: Re: About the Post Quality......   About the Post Quality...... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:06 pm

DarkRulerX wrote:
If you people don't quit saying he is spaming i'm gonna put you to in group of shame.
Oh, how nice. We get punished for stating facts.
Goody, now I have a reason to never visit!
Back to top Go down
http://etao.net23.net/
DarkRulerX
Koopa
Koopa
DarkRulerX

PostSubject: Re: About the Post Quality......   About the Post Quality...... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:09 pm

Okay go for it you rarely do anyways and it isn't cool what you two are doing, and THEY AREN'T FACTS!!!
Back to top Go down
FinneonFTW
Koopa
Koopa
FinneonFTW

PostSubject: Re: About the Post Quality......   About the Post Quality...... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:42 pm

...I made this post to improve the forum, not to start arguments. THD is never gonna grow if the admins act like this....

BTW, I'll be working on those errors on the forums soon. Nobody believed me when I said that the grammar and spelling of forum stuff was extremely important.

7 wrote:
There are also many, many errors in the wording of the forum itself, which is particularly the blame of a faulty administrator; this reason being one reason why I rarely ever visit.

Quoted because it's likely the most epic and true thing posted on the site thus far.
Back to top Go down
SurfingLumineon
Lets Player!
Lets Player!
SurfingLumineon

PostSubject: Re: About the Post Quality......   About the Post Quality...... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:43 pm

I know, I have OK Grammar.Just At school I never learned it.
Back to top Go down
33r1
Koopa
Koopa
33r1

PostSubject: Re: About the Post Quality......   About the Post Quality...... I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 1:27 am

FinneonFTW wrote:
...I made this post to improve the forum, not to start arguments. THD is never gonna grow if the admins act like this....

BTW, I'll be working on those errors on the forums soon. Nobody believed me when I said that the grammar and spelling of forum stuff was extremely important.

That is ture You guys are trying to make this site bigger if I may quote when I was thinking of merging here D8 said "This site will go farther" but with Admins threatining members People who did tok liik dis isn't a way to get more members but a way to lose.
Back to top Go down
DarkRulerX
Koopa
Koopa
DarkRulerX

PostSubject: Re: About the Post Quality......   About the Post Quality...... I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 3:17 am

@33r1 If you are gonna do that then yeah i'll add you guys to the suspended list because it is really mean for you to say that.
Back to top Go down
33r1
Koopa
Koopa
33r1

PostSubject: Re: About the Post Quality......   About the Post Quality...... I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 7:17 pm

Ok send me there If you notice I am less active. Just if a guest reads this They will notice admins threten members and they won't join.
also Finneon is saying the exact same stuff so If you send me you would have to send him too.
Back to top Go down
DarkRulerX
Koopa
Koopa
DarkRulerX

PostSubject: Re: About the Post Quality......   About the Post Quality...... I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Yes but Finneon isn't being rude about it you are being rude about it your just mad about that thing...
Back to top Go down
33r1
Koopa
Koopa
33r1

PostSubject: Re: About the Post Quality......   About the Post Quality...... I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 11:21 pm

Ok i'll stop.
Edit: Guys I thought about It and I'm sorry. I know I wo't be an admin ever again( at least on this site.) and It was stupid of me to Go on like that.
I will stay active though.

Last edited by 33r1 on Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Origianl was a rant)
Back to top Go down
DarkRulerX
Koopa
Koopa
DarkRulerX

PostSubject: Re: About the Post Quality......   About the Post Quality...... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 1:36 am

You are forgiven and you might.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About the Post Quality......   About the Post Quality...... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

About the Post Quality......
Page 1 of 1