The Heracross Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Heracross Dojo

Welcome to The Heracross Dojo! Chat about the Brawling Pokemon that you run into on the forums!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Back To The DojoBack To The Dojo  

Malware Help Thread

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SurfingLumineon
Lets Player!
Lets Player!
SurfingLumineon

Post Value : 3

Malware Help Thread Empty
PostSubject: Malware Help Thread   Malware Help Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:28 am

Say, have you ever downloaded something fake thinking it was real and almost crippled your computer, I know I have. Here is a way to repair and cure your computer from the malware (viruses) it has encountered.

Now if you think you downloaded a fake antivirus, or just a bad file, follow these steps:
1. Open your internet browser, if you can.
2. Go to malwarebytes.org, and click the CNet download.
3. Install and run Malwarebytes
4. Update Malwarebytes when it opens.
5. Do a full scan, then when finished, press show results.
6. Press remove selected and it was remove it, restart may be necessary.
(Be sure to get a good antivirus after your computer is cleaned)

Whoa, it can't be that easy all the time. There's time when your computer is so crippled, it can't run correctly. If that is the case, follow these steps.
1. Try to open your internet browser, if it does go the page you want, then you are being redirected from "adware" in your browser.
2. If that is the case, you will have to restart in "safe mode.'
3. To do such, you reboot and press F8 when it flashes that message in said boot up.
4. Select "Safe Mode with Networking."
5. In safe mode, most malware is semi-disabled, so opening your internet browser should work.
6. Do step 2 through 6 from the previous steps.
7. Now reboot is if you would reboot normally. Go to your internet browser, and see if you get redirected. If so, do step 8.
8. Attempt to download "Ad-Aware" or "CCleaner" and clean out your browser. If you can't download, do it in safe mode.
9. When all of that is done, search for "free antivirus" or go to Facebook.com to see if you get redirected. If not, you should be all set.

Now, if you computer is even more crippled, and you can't execute anything, these are the steps:
1. On a separate computer with a CD burner, burn a rescue CD like Avira Antivir's, Dr. Webs, etc.
2. Start the disc on boot up.
3. Run the scanning process. When it finishes, delete the malware. And when finished, reboot.
4. When returning to your regular desktop, I recommend getting MWB, and scan some more. Maybe you can get some other scanners like SUPERAntiSpyware, etc. Plus an antivirus like, Kaspersky, avast, Panda, etc.

I hope my tutorial helped you. Took me a while to type this.
~D8

EDIT:I copied and pasted it from another forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theheracrossdojo.com
FinneonFTW
Koopa
Koopa
FinneonFTW

Post Value : 0
Location : BEEP BEEP BOOBOOBOOP. Response-why don't you ask me later.

Malware Help Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malware Help Thread   Malware Help Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 3:51 am

Yes, credit goes to South on PR for this guide.
Back to top Go down

Malware Help Thread
Page 1 of 1